Kids Alive Zambia
Position: Team Leader – Trauma Care Team
Status: Full time
Reporting to: Country Director
Number of roles reporting to this role: 10
Duration: One year (Renewable)
We are seeking a qualified and compassionate Child Psychology specialist to join our growing team. You will work with children suffering from a wide range of disorders, e.g. Anxiety, depression, and identity crises, to children seeking to overcome substance abuse, or who are in post-trauma recovery.
The successful candidate must have knowledge and skills to provide quality care to Children and their families in different settings. You will need to be well-versed in the most recent research on child and adolescent therapies. He or she will have special abilities to lead in a none compromising Christian environment, leading many to the peace of the lord.
You will be a senior member of staff with unquestionable project management skills, reporting to the Country Director and supervising a team of up to 10 staff. Your duty station shall be our Misisi Care Center in Lusaka.
A). Trauma Informed Child Care
- Conduct psychological assessments and/or diagnostic tests for troubled children in residential and non residential care programmes.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for each child.
- Educate family members on what they can do for their child or how to respond to certain observable behaviors.
- Recommend rehabilitation or intervention programs to overcome addiction related issues.
- Provide complete documentation and records of assessments and treatment according to standard operating procedures.
- Will prepare children and families for reintegration and recommend readiness for the same.
B). Child Protection
- Will be the Child Protection focal point person for the Zambia Country Programme
- Shall ensure adequate understanding of the Child Protection policy by staff, children and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to policy provisions including collaboration with Senior Management and law enforcers in the unlikely event that cases of child abuse are recorded
- Lead assessments on risks and preparedness to respond to child abuse incidents
- Represent the country team at child protection events
- Cultivate strong relations with other agencies and institutions with interest in child protection
C). Team Leadership
- Shall be part of the Senior Management team
- Will be expected to lead the development and update of policies, strategies and operational guidelines for the Trauma Care Team and Misisi Care Centre.
- Shall ensure that the Trauma Care Team (TCT) is well coordinated
- Will be accountable for delivery of team milestonnes
- Provide support and mentorship to Social workers, caseworkers and caregivers on best practice in child care.
- Ensure all staff is provided with adequate and appropriate work tools at all times.
- Lead Weekly team review meetings and ensure adequate documentation of proceedings.
- Will assume responsility for team discipline in line with the Kids Alive Zambia policies.
D). Financial Management
- Will lead on annual planning and budgeting for the team
- Will be responsible for proper accounting of all resources provided to the team, including financial resources.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure needed resources are availed in a timely manner.
- Shall be responsible for the team budget, including authorisation of payments within threshold.
E). Qualifications and Experience
- An established Christian with ability to share the gospel and use the word of God to strengthen and give inspiration to children and families.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology. A graduate degree in psychology or any closely related field shall be an added advantage.
- Practicle experience in child counselling, rehabilitation or behavioral monitoring for not less than 2 years.
- Several years’ practical experience working with children in a similar setting may be strongly desired.
- Must be approachable and empathic for children to be comfortable working with you.
- Must be knowledgeable of different therapeutic methods and be able to switch between different approaches to meet each child’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate with children of different ages and from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Aware of all professional, ethical, and legal regulations as determined by relevant regulatory bodies and the law.
- Strong Christian with unquestionable religious disposition
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude, showing concern for people and community
- High level of self-motivation
- A committed Christian with a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a heart for serving orphans and vulnerable children
- A commitment to champion and contributes towards our organizational culture
- Consistent commitment to open and honest communication, demonstrating respect for all
- Integrity and strong character confirmed by references
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
Who we are:
Kids Alive (www.kidsalive.org) is a Christ-centered organization that believes every child deserves to live free from the bondage of hunger, abuse, and exploitation. Our commitment to this Biblical truth compels us to rescue orphans and vulnerable children, and meet their spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional needs, with compassion and excellence.
Deadline: 12th October , 2020
How to apply: email your application to [email protected] stating in the subject “Team Leader-Trauma Care Team”
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]