Lancet Laboratories Zambia
TECHNICAL AND QA MANAGER (LAB MANAGER)
LANCET LABORATORIES ZAMBIA
THE POSITIONS WILL BE BASED AT THE ZAMBIA LUSAKA MAIN LABORATORY
Position Summary: To plan, direct and manage laboratory staff in ZAMBIA and material resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective and high quality service (professional medical pathology & administrative services) in line with the client needs and organisation’s objectives.
Key Competency Requirements:
- National Diploma in Biomedical Technology/ Degree or better in Health Sciences.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council in the relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years working experience in similar position, including 3 -5 yrs supervisory experience in a pathology laboratory environment.
- Certification in good clinical laboratory practice (GCLP) and basic health and safety as well as management training are desirable additional training requirement.
- Ability to work under pressure, work within a team and be reliable
- Ability to communicate and must have good interpersonal skills
- Query management and customer service skills are essential
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Sources, manages, motivates and trains laboratory staff to ensure that operational objectives are achieved.
- Assist with the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice, SADCAS accreditation requirements, standard operating procedures, turn-around time targets and service level agreements with clients, to ensure that the laboratory is constantly able to deliver a high quality, cost effective and safe service.
- Manages the correct application of quality assurance processes and standard operating procedures to ensure corrective actions are taken as required.
- Oversees laboratory accreditation, including preparation for audits, maintenance of current status, document updates and scope of approved tests, to ensure that accreditation is achieved or obtained in line with organisational objectives.
- Monitors the maintenance and calibration of the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes ensuring that instrument maintenance and quality control results are recorded as well as trouble shooting.
- Provides input into evaluation and validations of new equipment and methods to ensure standardisation and continuous technological advancement.
- Oversees asset management and procurement of goods to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources, optimisation of stock levels and cost containment.
- Generates management reports as required to monitor work and performance status of the laboratory and takes corrective action when required.
- Performs investigations into and resolve customer complaints to ensure a positive image of the organisation by clients and patients and to promote the services of Lancet laboratories.
- Oversees and monitors in-service training, seminars and participation in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to ensure that laboratory staff continuously update their knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof
- Oversees the teaching and training of laboratory personnel, interns and students, medical colleagues and associated health workers to ensure that they are competent in various laboratory techniques, processes and systems.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards and monitors compliance of own employees in this regard.
- Performs the role of a medical technologist as required in accordance with operational needs.
- Performs managerial responsibilities including the following, conflict resolution,(IR matters), encourage team development through leadership, motivation, lead by example, involved in the disciplinary, and or recruitment processes, monitoring of time and attendance and evaluation of employee performance on work methods according to company policy and procedure.
- Perform any other duties as defined by Management.
Interested persons to please send your CV, copy of Identity document, copies of qualifications should be emailed to [email protected]
Closing date is 27th December 2019. No late applications will be entertained. Candidates must avail themselves for background checks. Should you not receive any communication by 1st February 2020 please consider your application unsuccessful.