The incumbent shall provide technical accounting support to members and assist with overall achievement of ZICA’s statutory objectives through contribution to the formulation and implementation of accounting standards in accordance with the Accountants Act of 2008. The ideal candidate must able to effectively work in a team environment, prioritize multiple projects and deadlines, have excellent communication and writing skills as well as have strong interests in technical accounting and auditing standards, public-sector financial management and taxation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring Exposure Drafts and other consultation papers issued by International Standard-setters and IFAC member bodies:
- Draft comment letters on Exposure Drafts and other discussion documents in consultation with relevant stakeholders Prepare accounting and auditing pronouncements on matters related to practice of auditing, professional ethics, International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Participate in the submissions and release of the commentaries for the Institute;
- Assist in responding to emerging issues and technical queries on implementation of standards:
- Carry out outreach activities through organising Technical updates workshops;
- Communicates to all practicing accountants about policy changes in order to raise awareness amongst all accountants;
- Facilitate research on topics of interest to the Institute and the public.
- Participate in writing position papers to Government and Parliament on taxation and various aspects of national economic development.
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate;
- ZICA Professional or equivalent, or recognized accounting degree with post qualifying practical training;
- Practical experience in auditing and financial reporting;
- Knowledge of tax laws including ability to interpret and analyse tax laws.
- Good communication and presentation skills,;
- Good technical, organizational and project management skills; and
- Strong computer literacy
- Honest and Integrity
- Ability to liaise with members of the accounting profession and other stakeholders;
A member of ZICA in good standing
A competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience awaits the successful candidate. Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter and curriculum vitae to the address below.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants,
Plot 2374/a Thabo Mbeki Road
Po Box 32005,
“EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Closing date for receiving application is 7th August, 2018