Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. To date, Fenix has sold over 300,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda and Zambia, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 1,500,000 people.
Job Summary: The Technical Support Engineer will be part of the Global Support Team team that is based in Kampala, Uganda, led by a Global Support Manager and working closely with the Global QA and R&D Teams.
This is an incredible opportunity for a talented individual to join a high-performing team that is passionate about providing high quality energy to off-grid customers at the base of the financial pyramid. Key responsibilities will include developing and iterating existing and new internal support tools, working cross-functionally to develop new market support strategies and processes, and responding to new support challenges. Your efforts will make a meaningful impact by enabling Fenix to continuously innovate on how we support our customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, and iterate support tools and processes for use across Fenix markets
- Investigate and diagnose novel support issues and implement response plans
- Analyze data and conduct issue reviews to inform new tool development (support ticketing, call center systems, etc.)
- Assist the Quality Assurance team with ongoing investigations and new issue resolution
- Document and report support response plans, novel problems, and process improvements to facilitate continuous improvement across teams
Key Deliverables and Activities
- Fenix Field Team Support: Ensure all Fenix field teams have the tools and training needed to provide exceptional service to our customers and quickly resolve any product or system problems they encounter. This involves communicating with stakeholders across multiple departments and balancing long term and short term priorities.
- Hardware Refurbishment Support: Assist operations team with hardware refurbishment tests and processes to improve throughput, accuracy, and ease of use. Replicate established team best practices throughout new Fenix markets.
- Research & Development Support: Work with the Engineering team to design and implement tests for hardware and software revisions. Assist with testing, troubleshooting, and rollout of new firmware versions for Fenix products. Iterate diagnostic tools to minimize time between discovering and fixing issues experienced in the field.
- Leadership: Work with field agents, QA team, and operations team to establish and disseminate best practices. Assist in training teammates to increase team capacity and capability. Communicate efficiently with management and other departments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BS or greater in technical field
- Three years of experience working with consumer electronics, software, or other technical support
- Understanding of testing methods and goals for product and accessory testing
- Ability to diagnose hardware and firmware problems, identify root causes, and provide efficient solutions
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in English
- Experience with data analytics, SQL, or other data-querying tools
Desired Skills & Experience
- Fluency in French
- Experience in hardware root-cause analysis
- Experience working cross-departmentally and with remote teams
- Passion for efficient and low-cost design for products used in the developing world
- Familiarity with AWS CLI
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.