WeFarm, the world’s largest knowledge network for small-scale farmers, empowers farmers to connect with one another around the world to solve problems, share ideas and spread innovation. WeFarm Insights help businesses make better decisions regarding their supply chain.
This role is based in Nairobi and will require 25% travel
We are looking for an empathetic UX Researcher with experience in the agriculture sector to help us better understand the needs of our farmers and partners, both through conducting research for product development priorities and guiding our team members in independent research.
You will have the opportunity to run quick, iterative research, and transform insights into engaging outputs. You will work in an agile environment with cross-functional teams, and the research outputs you produce will be a critical input into our product development process, helping us achieve our mission of creating a global digital ecosystem for agriculture with the farmer at the centre.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and other parts of the business to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research that helps us better understand our existing and potential users
- Conduct research and suggest the best approach and methods to capture the right insights that will help us develop our product and meet user needs
- Plan and run qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, and remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means
- Collaborate closely with our analytics team members to make sure our qualitative insights are also enhanced by robust quantitative analysis whenever possible.
- You’ve got hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods, appreciating their limitations and knowing how to apply them appropriately.
- You’ve worked in a multidisciplinary team environment before, where you took an active role in research and made demonstrable impact on the direction of a product or service.
- You can run user testing regardless of the setting. You should be comfortable in a lab as well as going into people’s houses and farms for feedback, or setting up remote tests.
- You have professional experience working within the agriculture industry, ideally with small-scale farmers in East Africa.
- You appreciate robust research study design, but can also consider practical constraints and business goals – you understand what ‘just enough research’ means.
- You’re a strong communicator and facilitator. You’re able to tell a story so your audience will want to listen
Rewards package and remuneration
The total rewards package and remuneration will be based on experience and potential, but is highly competitive and will include share options. We believe in our team being not only the executors of Wefarm’s visions but the makers and owners of it!
As a global business, travel is essential to who we are, and will be a perk of the job. We also host an annual whole company offsite (Wecamp), previously held in Uganda and the UK. In addition, we have a flexible working environment (within reason of course!), and we value spending time together with frequent social events throughout the year.
We will review applicants on an ongoing basis, unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
Closing Date : 3rd June, 2020