National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.
Job Ref No. HR/051/2020
Reporting to: Head, ICT Service Delivery
Position Scope: Reporting to the Head, ICT Service Delivery, the role holder is responsible for implementation of the ICT Assets & Vendor management strategy by ensuring proper controls and protection of the Assets throughout the life cycle from acquisition to final disposition in line with best practice and the Bank’s ICT guidelines.
- Maintain records / databases composed of information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organizations IT Hardware Assets.
- Manage software library and hardware assets through Remedy asset management console, as well as address incidents and request tickets.
- Plan, monitor and keep record of software licenses and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Maintain processes for proper provisioning, re-purposing and disposals of hardware assets.
- Lead physical inventory asset audit planning initiative to ensure compliance with policy and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations regarding property accountability.
- Review equipment configurations to ensure compliance with applicable procedures.
- Populate and maintain software license inventory on a web based database to ensure compliance with product use rights and proper distribution.
- Monitor the life cycle of all ICT assets from procurement to disposal via the asset management database.
- Drive database software upgrades, and mass deployments of new computer equipment.
- Review Asset list and maintain Asset Configuration Items (CIs) in the Asset Management database and/or Remedy and/or a successor.
- Maintain the asset management database containing all the information necessary for the lifecycle of an ICT asset.
- Develop, maintain, and modify asset/inventory management processes and procedures to continually improve asset/inventory management.
- Ensure the IT asset database is updated accurately through our inventory management system.
- Assist in inventory management, procurement and shipment activities.
- Inventory management of the asset control room.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science or in a Business related field from a recognized University.
- 7 years’ experience in Banking of which Four (4) should be in ICT at management level.
- Experience working with Configuration Item records in a Configuration Item/Asset Management Database.
- Strong knowledge of Inventory Management systems.
- Experience of building strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Leadership and management-ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Strong customer focus.
- Experience in delivering strategic and tactical technology change.
- Project management experience.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Positive can do attitude and flexibility of approach. Ability to drive change.
- Governance – knowledge and ability to ensure good governance practices in assigned Department
- Analytical –highly analytical and ability to challenge status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk
Closing Date : 17 April, 2020