SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH
Better Choices, Healthier Lives
VMMC Manager – Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Program
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading Local Zambian Organisation with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. SFH’s work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations. SFH also provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
SFH seeks an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Manager, Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP). The Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the VMMC component of the Military Specific HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program for PEPFAR. The Manager will work in close collaboration with the Project Director, the donor, Zambian Defense Force (ZDF), Society for Family Health Leadership Team, partner organizations, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders, to ensure that SFH supports the country in achieving the goals of reaching HIV epidemic control in Zambia. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Project Director.
This position is contingent upon award from the U.S. Department of Defense. Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The VMMC Technical Manager is a skilled medical professional and is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation and management of the DOD VMMC project at national level. S/he is responsible for organizing Society for Family Health’s (SFH’s) approach to the GRZ facilities participating in the program: working with GRZ facility leadership to ensure the program is implemented according to set objectives; implementing Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) systems at facilities; and building capacity of MC providers to provide mentorship, conduct comprehensive VMMC services, including QA/QI system implementation. S/he works closely with the Communication and M&E staff to ensure VMMC client flow and completeness of documentation and data quality. The VMMC Manager is responsible for ensuring project targets are achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all SFH clinical activities for supported GRZ facilities:
- Conduct baseline phase and facility assessments
- Conducting regular supportive visits provide on–site support and ensuring corrective feedback in selected areas.
- Support the implementation of QA/QI systems, monitor quality in VMMC services and operations.
- Facilitate clinical symposiums and utilize QA/QI data and reports to offer additional support and input into programming.
- Identify training need gaps and develop an annual training plan for the Region in liaison with the Head Office.
- Attend relevant TWG meetings and represent the project
- Coordinating and facilitating trainings, as needed.
- Coordinate supply chain and logistics management for participating GRZ facilities.
- Work with Communication team to ensure proper support and supervision of Health Promoters and Super Health Promoters
- Work with the M&E team to verify completeness of data, compliance to standard operating procedures, compile findings and disseminate to teams for quality improvement actions
- Compiling national monthly performance reports, stipulating clear findings of the quality assessments and other activities and provide recommendations for quality improvement.
- Documenting best practices and success stories of SFH work and share with SFH HQ
- Manage and supervise VMMC team members.
- Assist in the develop and implement strategy in partnership with local partners for capacity development in VMMC activities.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced VMMC trained provider
- Bachelor’s degree in Public health, Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- A Master in Public health is an added advantage
- 8 years’ experience in project management
- 5 years work experience in clinical services and HIV programs
- Experience in staff supervision
- Experience in training, mentoring and quality assurance systems
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Experience working with donors, INGOs and other partners
- Ability to travel out-of-station extensively
- Other skills and attributes
- Good Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literate, especially with the Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team worker, supportive and approachable
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: [email protected] . Clearly indicate, “VMMC Manager – DOD”. Closing Date: 27th March 2020.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.