World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: WASH GIS Specialist
Reporting to: WASH Technical Programme Manager
Purpose of the Position:
The WASH GIS Specialist is responsible for all field WASH infrastructure such as Boreholes, piped water systems, institutions (health and Schools), Sanitation facilities and community beneficiaries for creation of maps, infrastructure audit and reports.
- Gather information for monthly, quarterly and annually situation reports based on updated achievement/progress of WASH intervention and submit reports use and dissemination.
- Plan, coordinate and implement GPS data collection, analysis, and information dissemination.
- Provide training and support to the WASH field teams such as WASH Development Facilitators, Community Development Workers, technical Specialist and relevant partners on GIS data collection and spatial analysis.
- Design, develop and maintain the geo-databases.
- Coordinate the creation of different types of WASH GIS maps for visualization.
- Carry out the quality analysis of satellite data with a view on their usefulness in the context of planned interventions and other spatial analysis on GIS data.
- Provide innovative tools for presentations related to project management
- Organize common data sets to be made available to GIS users in WASH sector
- Provide methodologies to improve geographic data flow
- Assist in conducting need assessment and developing new project proposals to submit to various donors.
- Establish working relationships with the clients requesting GIS data and members of the assigned team
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Geography, Data Management or other closely related field with technical specialization in Geo-spatial technology, cartography, Geographic Information Systems.
- Preferably 5 years’ traceable experience in GIS for a private or public organization
- Master of Science in Water Management, Engineering or any related field is an added advantage;
- Knowledgeable in Geographical data management and utilization, familiarity with coordinate geometry, data conversion and validation, spatial analysis and visualization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and within set deadlines
- At least 5 year’s hands on working experience
- Demonstrated experience in the field of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene or any water related projects.
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 27 September 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.