Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below in Data Innovation Unit.
Web app developer:
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Requirements for the Full-stack Engineer:
● Strong experience with SQL/NoSQL (mongo dB)
● Experience with front end libraries such as React, React Native
● Strong grasp on building RESTful APIs
● Good knowledge of ETLs, data pipelines
● Git / version control culture
● Good knowledge of Linux, bash
● Unit testing, Test driven development practice
● Good communication in English (both written and verbal)
Nice to have:
● Ability to deploy apps
● DevOps, Continuous integration/ continuous deployment experience
● Ability to work with containerized solutions: Docker/Compose/Swarm/Kubernetes
● Ability to build background scheduled batch processes
● Agile development environment experience, familiarity with SCRUM
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 6th June, 2020