Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia is looking for a suitably qualified individual to fill in the below vacancy;
POSITION: WELDER G3 -1 VACANCY
REPORTS TO – WELDING SUPERVISOR
BRANCH: REMAN WORKSHOP, LUSAKA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will perform a step by step process of remanufacturing from either drawing or Original Equipment specifications and deliver within set time frame.
- Apply engineering principles to construct and analyze structural systems related to the machines, pumps, cylinders and drives for a large variety of equipment.
- Perform Arc gouging for removal of flaw in structural components
- Perform pre heat and post heat tests where the material is thicker
- Conduct flaw detection on structural components with Ultrasonic or Magnetic flaw detector
- Diagnose the problems, locate the cause, repair any other secondary problems caused by the initial problems.
- Analyze faults in existing, newly or used equipment, then rectify those faults by machining or other interventions, in order to resell the component as equivalent to new.
- Ensure the correct isolation and lockout procedures are followed.
- Develop and interpret two-dimensional engineering drawings of Components, then plan and cost-effectively carry out the remanufacture or repair of those components.
- Recondition specific components and spares for installation.
- Conduct the performance inspection with the programmed testing rig to ensure correlation with original component/drawing.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Must have an Artisan qualification- Advanced certificate in metal fabrication.
- Should be able to use a wide range of precision measuring instruments
- Must have 3 years minimum experience in the related field and broad knowledge on Cylinders, Pumps and Hydraulic Motors and experience in welding cast iron.
- The candidate should be a holder of a valid driver’s license.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your detailed C.V, copies of certificates and a cover letter to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co; Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O Box 30182, Lusaka.
Or email in a single document to; [email protected]
The closing date for applicants is Monday 19th October, 2020
NOTE: All applicants are thanked for their interest, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated