Zambian Women in Agricultural Research and Development
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: ZAWARD NATIONAL COORDINATOR
Zambia Women in Agricultural Research and Development (ZaWARD) is the Zambian chapter of the African Women in Agricultural Research and Development programme (AWARD). It is a network of women professionals in agriculture or related fields including students pursuing Agriculture related studies.
ZaWARD is looking for an innovative, self-starter, result oriented and energetic Zambian with a passion to drive and create an impact on the Agriculture sector to fill the position of National Coordinator. This engagement is on fixed term contract for one year renewable subject to availability of funding and performance.
Reporting to ZaWARD Board, the Coordinator will be responsible for effectively coordinating and implementing all ZaWARD activities including but not limited to administrative, executive and program implementation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Growing and maintaining the ZaWARD membership
- Coordination of the ZaWARD Fellowship program including training for Mentors, Fellows or Mentees
- Organising role modelling programs
- Networking activities for ZaWARD and among its members
- Any other initiatives of the organisation
- Maintaining database of critical information and membership register for ZAWARD.
- Ensuring that meetings are effectively organized and minutes recorded.
- Timely preparation of work plans and budgets
- Timely facilitation and collection of membership fees
- Representing ZaWARD at national and international events
Awareness Creation and Publication
- Create awareness and disseminate information on ZaWARD activities to members and general public
- Coordinate the publication of the ZaWARD quarterly newsletter
- Formation and maintenance of linkages with key agriculture and science related institutions
- Liaison and maintenance of cordial relations with the media in order to secure coverage of ZaWARD activities.
Financial and Resource Mobilisation
- Develop proposals for funding to support the continued and functioning of ZaWARD
- Strategically create partnerships and collaborations that result in additional resources for ZaWARD.
- Timely prepare and review reports as required
- Timely prepare financial reports for submission to the Board
- Timely reporting to the funders
- Periodic reporting to the African Women in Agricultural Research and Development
- The Coordinator should have a Masters (MSc) degree in agriculture or related fields from a recognized university
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum of five-year work experience in senior management position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability and experience in mobilizing financial resources through writing proposals for grant applications as well as other resource mobilisation skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Demonstrated understanding of Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentational skills
- Demonstrated success in handling websites and other social media platforms
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
Only candidates meeting the above criteria should apply. To apply, submit an application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and contact details of at least 3 traceable referees.
Please apply via email by sending your application to [email protected] Closing date for applications is 4th June 2020 at 17:00hrs Zambian time. Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Note: – Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.