Get all information about HESLB Loan allocation status 2020/2021 | HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS’ LOANS BOARD HESLB NOTICE TO LOAN APPLICANTS TO VIEW THEIR LOAN ALLOCATION RESULTS:
To know your status, click ‘Applicant’s Loan Status’ link and enter your Form IV index number you used when applying for loans and password. To view your Loan allocation results click Loan Allocation 2020/2021 on the left side menu Other batches will be released after completion of verification and admission procedures.
Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is an organization that gives HESLB loans, bursaries and scholarships for training at public institutes, which are recognized by the Ministry of Education of Tanzania. Thanks to HESLB loans, all Tanzanian citizens can empower their dreams by getting an academic degree and embarking on a successful career.
HESLB APPLICATION STATUS
Find out where you are in the application process every step of the way. Check your HESLB application status to see items received, items missing, new information requested and HESLB application decision. Here’s how:
- Log in to HESLB with your Form Four Index Number and password
- Navigate to the Student Information System
- Navigate to the Student tab
- Select application status
- Check application status
- HESLB Applicants Loan Status Loan Allocation status 2020/2021
In case of any difficulties when using the system; applicants can always refer back to instructions or call HESLB Helpdesk through number +255 22 550 7910 or 0736 335566 between 8.00am to 8.00pm from Monday to Friday
Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) Eligibility
In addition to general eligibility, additional criteria define NEEDY applicant who should not exceed 33 years of age at the time of application, who may:
- (i) Be a poor orphan (who has lost both parents) or partial orphan (who has lost one parent) has to be certified by RITA.
- (ii) Have disability that has to be certified by District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO), or any entity authorized to certify such cases (as may be specified).
- (iii) Have parents with disability to be certified by District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO), or any entity authorized to certify such cases (as may be specified).
- (iv) Be from lower income household and/or marginalized community whose secondary or diploma education was sponsored by recognised institutions. Applicants will be required to provide written and authenticated evidence of such sponsorships.
General Eligibility Criteria as Pronounced by the Act
General Eligibility criteria require an applicant to meet the following conditions:
- (i) Must be a Tanzanian;
- (ii) Must have applied for a loan through the Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS);
- (iii) Must have been admitted to an accredited Higher Learning Institution on full time basis except for Students Admitted at the Open University of Tanzania (OUT).
- (iv) Must not have funding from other sources.
- (v) Must be a continuing student with results/progress reports to show that he/she has passed the examinations necessary to enable him/her to advance to the following year or stage of study.
- (vi) For a student’s loans beneficiary seeking to re-apply for loans after dropping out from one programme/college/university) he/she must repay at least 25% of their previous loans before applying for a new loan. (Note: Payment of 25% of the previously granted loans is not a guarantee for new loans allocation).
Other Eligibility Criteria
- (i) Loans shall be allocated in the order of established Neediness, and programme clustering.
- (ii) Except for Continuing Students applying for loans for the first time, all other applicants must have completed their ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within three (3) years, i.e. from 2016-2018 inclusive.
- (iii) With the exception of the additional items in a specific year, amount allocated to a student will be maintained throughout his/her studies.
READ ALSO: JOBS IN TANZANIA
For more information Visit https://heslb.go.tz/.