Check here the List of NACTE Selected Students 2020/2021 or NACTE selection 2020/2021. Candidates can check the complete information of NACTE selection Results 2020/21 through this page. This NACTE Certificate and diploma Selection Results will include Nacte selection first Selection batch, Second Selection batch, Third Selection batch, Fourth Selection batch etc.
The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) is a corporate body established by the National Council for Technical Education Act, 1997 (Act No. 9 of 1997). The Act provides a legal framework for the Council to coordinate provision of technical education and training and establish an efficient national qualifications system that will ensure that products from technical institutions are of high quality and respond to changing needs as well as technological innovations in the world.
Technical education in this context is defined as “education and training undertaken by students to equip them to play roles requiring higher levels of skills, knowledge and understanding and in which they take responsibility for their areas of specialization”. NACTE is thus, a multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral body empowered to oversee and coordinate the provision of technical education and training in Tanzania.
The Scope of the Council
The scope of NACTE covers all tertiary education and training institutions, other than Universities and their affiliated colleges, delivering courses at technician, semi-professional and professional levels leading to awards of certificates, diplomas, degrees and other related awards.
The mandate of the National Council for Technical Education as derived from Cap. 129 is three fold and may be summarized as below:
- Regulatory Function: to establish the regulatory framework for technical education and training, leading to quality assured qualifications;
- Quality Assurance Function: to assist technical institutions to improve and maintain the quality of the education they provide and to ensure that their programmes meet labour market demand, by guiding and monitoring their adherence to the regulatory framework; and
- Advisory Function:to advise both Government and technical institutions on the strategic development of technical education and training can be made.
These three aspects are interrelated and together make up the core functions of NACTE; a process leading to quality assured qualifications in technical education and training in our country.
Nacte has released official selection for admission into Diploma and Certificates program. Candidates can check the complete information of Nacte selection 2019/2020 through this page. This Selection include Nacte first Selection batch, Second Selection batch, Third Selection batch, Fourth Selection batch etc.
- Dodoma University (UDOM) – Undergraduate Application Form
- Tumaini University Makumira (TUMA) selection
- Zanzibar University (ZU) – Undergraduate Application Form
- Augustine University of Tanzania (SAUT) selection
- University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) postgraduate fee structure
- Sebastian Kolowa Memorial University (SEKOMU) selection
- Open University of Tanzania (OUT) – Application
- Mzumbe University (MU) selectio