PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN BIRTH CERTIFICATE
1: Registration of birth within 90 days
- If the Birth occurred in hospitals, health centers and dispensaries, ensure you obtain Notification of Birth.
- In case of a birth occurring at home report to Village Executive Officer or the District Registrar of Births and Deaths to obtain notification of Birth. This should be done within 90 days.
- Submit notification of Birth to District Registrar of Births and Deaths of the District within which the birth occurred.
- Pay appropriate fee for Certificate (current fee rate Tshs. 3500/=).
2: Late registration of birth over 90 days but below 10 years.
- Fill and submit Registration form, B3 (Filled by Parents/Guardian)
- Affix one passport size photograph of the child.
- Attach supporting documents ( Clinic card, Baptismal certificate if applicable, Letter from relevant government authorities such as Ward Executive Officer (WEO), Village Executive Officer ), for proof of date birth, place of birth and nationality of parents.
Pay appropriate fee ( current rate fee 4000/=)
3: Late Registration of Births above 10 years
- Fill and submit Registration Form B3 (Filled by Parents/Guardian).
- Affix passport size photograph.
- Attach supporting documents (Clinic card, Baptismal certificate if applicable, School leaving certificates. Letter from relevant government authorities such as Ward Executive Officer (WEO), Village Executive Officer), for proof of date birth, place of birth and nationality of parents.
- Pay appropriate fee ( current fee rate in RITA HQ Tshs 20,000/= and ).
- Districts 10,000/=
4: To obtain a copy of birth certificate after the original has been lost.
- Submit request indicating entry number, name, date of registration and place of birth.
- Pay appropriate fee ( current fee rate Tshs.3500/= being Tshs 1500/= search fee and Tshs 2000/= for certificate)
5: To make correction on the certificate of birth
- Submit request for correction
- Attach supporting documents
- Surrender certificate which needs to be corrected.
- Pay appropriate fee if application allowed( current fee rate Tshs.6500/=being 3000/= correction fee , 1500/= search fee and 2000/= certificate fee)
The Agency has got 132 employees.RITA Headquarters 93 employees and 39 employees at District Offices. The Agency has no offices of its own at district level, but mainly relies and works with collaboration of the Districts and Regional Authorities in order to carry out its functions smoothly.
The Agency enjoys the monopoly in business of registration of births, deaths, marriages, divorces and incorporation of trustees. With liberalization of the economy the Agencys business in matters of receivership and company liquidation is likely to revive from stagnancy it suffered during the years following the Arusha Declaration.
READ ALSO: JOBS IN TANZANIA
For more information Visit http://www.rita.go.tz/