The University of Dar es Salaam in cooperation with Equinor Tanzania wish to invite eligible candidates to undertake MSc Degree in Petroleum Engineering at the University of Dar es Salaam, Department of Petroleum Science and Engineering (PSE). The scholarship covers tuition fee, research costs, and limited subsistence allowance (stipend). The duration of study is 18 months. The MSc programme focusses on the Petroleum Drilling, Reservoir, and Production Engineering.
- The scholarship is open to graduates in Petroleum Engineering, Mining Engineering, Mineral Processing Engineering, and Chemical and Process Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Applicants should have a GPA of 3.5 or above on a five-grade scale in their first
- Applicants should not be more than 35 years old as of November 2021.
- The applicants should be
Procedure for Application
Applicants must follow the following procedure:
- Complete the UDSM online application procedure through https://udsm.admission.ac.tz/ and submit the required documentation. Indicate in the application that you are applying Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering by Coursework and Dissertation under the Equinor Scholarship
- Submit the application in electronic form or hard copy to the contact provided in this advertisement by providing detailed curriculum vitae, scanned certified copies of your BSc. Transcripts (with TCU certification for degrees received from abroad), birth certificate (or passport), and recommendations from two
Deadline for Application
The deadline for the application is 15th September, 2021. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be conducted for those who will receive the admission letters to study the MSc programme at the University of Dar es Salaam at a date that will be communicated later. The MSc programme commences in November 2021.
Department of Petroleum Science and Engineering (PSE), School of Mines and Geosciences (SoMG), UDSM
P O. Box 35131,
Dar es Salaam,
Tel: +255 222 410013
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.