Get all information about Voter Information Verification System (NEC Kuhakiki, Mfumo wa Kuhakiki Taarifa za Mpiga Kura) to let you find the information you need.
The National Electoral Commission (NEC) is an autonomous government institution. It was established in 1993 under Article 74(1) of the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania, 1977. The National Electoral Commission shall consist of the following members:-
- A Chairman who shall be a Judge of the High Court or the Court of Appeal of Tanzania or a lawyer who qualifies to be an advocate and he/she has been with such qualifications for not less than 15 years.
- A Vice Chairman who shall be a Judge of the High Court or the Court of Appeal of Tanzania or a lawyer who qualifies to be an advocate and he has been with such qualification for not less than 15 years.
- A member appointed from amongst the members of the Tanganyika Law Society
- Four other members who are persons possessing either adequate experience in the conduct or supervision of Parliamentary elections or such other qualifications as the President of the United Republic of Tanzania considers necessary for or pre-requisite to, the effective discharge of the functions of the Commission.
According to Article 74(7) of the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania and Section 4(4) of the Elections Act, (No. 1 of 1985), the Director of Elections is the Secretary to the Commission and Chief Executive.
Voter Information Verification System (Mfumo wa Kuhakiki Taarifa za Mpiga Kura) vis.nec.go.tz.
- To verify the information, the Voter is required to have a Voter Number which is on the Voter Card.
- Visit https://vis.nec.go.tz/
- Enter your voter’s number (as written on your Voter Card, Example: T-XXXX-XXXX-XXX-X) in the given box
- Press the Search button.
Address : P.O.Box 10923, Dar es Salaam, Foreign Affairs Building, Shaaban Robert Street and Garden Avenue
Phone No : +255 22 2114963-6
Fax : +255 22 2116740, +255 22 2127075
Email : [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: This article is intended for reference purposes only. For official information please refer to the official website (https://www.nec.go.tz/) or contact the organization. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
READ ALSO: JOBS IN TANZANIA
For more information Visit https://www.nec.go.tz/