THE REVOLUTIONARY GOVERNMENT OF ZANZIBAR
MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND PLANNING
TENDER NO. SMZ/PFMRP/FOI/C/OQ/2018.2019/04
CONDUCTING A STUDY TO IDENTIFY TAX REVENUE GAP IN ZANZIBAR
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS FIRMS EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
- The Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar has received funds from donors under Basket Funds arrangement, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for eligible payments under the contract to Conducting a Study to Identify Tax Revenue Gap in Zanzibar Ministry of Finance and Planning Zanzibar. It is expected that the Consultant firms will be engaged to undertake the assignment for Five months.
- The scope of this assignment will include but not be limited to the following; The consultant is required to determine tax revenue gap by identifying and analyzing tax revenue sources and their potentials in Zanzibar (Unguja and Pemba). Also, the consultant should analyze the causes of the gap and recommend the measures to mitigate the analyzed gap in order to increase revenue collection for all taxes administered by TRA and ZRB.
- The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible qualified consultants firms to express their interest in providing the above consultancy services.
- Consultant’s firms will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act No. 11 of 2016.
- In assessing the submissions, consideration will be given to the technical competence of the consultants firms, the qualification and experience of the consultant firms likely to be proposed for the assignment, experience on similar projects and capacity to undertake the assignment, Experienced in tax policy and strategy formulation for socio-economic development in Tanzania, Should have conducted any study on tax policy and its strategy The firm should have skilled personnel in the areas of Taxation and Public Finance Management A final consultants firm invited to submit proposals for this assignment will be prepared from consultants responding to the notice. Only consultants firms with demonstrated experience and excellent track records in similar assignments will be considered for short listing.
- This is not a request for proposals. After a review of the letters of interest, a shortlist will be prepared, and those consultants firms short-listed will be invited to submit their proposals through a letter of invitation including specific terms of reference.
- The Expression of Interest shall be submitted through below EMAIL to the Project Coordinator PFMRP V, Ministry of Finance and Planning, P. 0. Box 1145, Zanzibar. The deadline for the submission of the Eol is Tuesday, 19th May, 2020 at 10:00 hours. Envelopes containing the Expression of Interest shall be clearly marked Tender No. SMZ/PFMRP/FOI/C/OQ/2018.2019/04 Expression of Interest Conducting a Study to Identify Tax Revenue Gap in – Ministry of Finance and Planning Zanzibar Not to be opened until 27thApril, 2020.
- The Expression of Interest (EOI) will be opened immediately after deadline for submission in Public and in the presence of Consultants’ representative who choose to attend in the Conference Room of the Ministry of Finance and Planning, Vuga Street, Zanzibar.
- Any request for clarification with regard to this assignment shall be addressed to Project Coordinator PFMRP V, Ministry of Finance and Planning, P. O. Box 1154,+255777468886,+255777152900 [email protected], [email protected] Vuga Street Zanzibar during office hours.
- The Client shall respond to clarifications received not less than three days before the deadline for submission. the deadline tor submission.
- Late Expressions of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances, the circumstances.
Attn: Project Coordinator PFMRP V,
Ministry of Finance and Planning,
Ministry of Finance and Planning,
P.O. Box 1154,
12Keneth Kaunda Road,
71402 Urban West,
Tel: +255 777 468 886/+255 777 152900.
E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]