University of Alberta Online Application Form, University of Alberta admission procedure
Find detailed information about University of Alberta Online Application and University of Alberta admission procedure into Undergraduate, PhD, Postgraduate, Masters, Diploma and Certificates programmes.
Founded in 1908, University of Alberta is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the medium-sized city of Edmonton (population range of 500,000-1,000,000 inhabitants), Alberta. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Camrose. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Alberta, University of Alberta (UofA) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: 35,000-39,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Alberta (UofA) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
How to Apply at University of Alberta
Graduate Application Process: Step by Step
Applying to a UAlberta graduate program involves three basic steps.
You should begin the process as early as a year before you wish to begin your program of study.
Step 1: Choose your Graduate Program
Step 2: Review Graduate Admissions Requirements and Contact the Department
The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) has general admissions requirements for all applicants. Visit the department’s website to review your program’s specific requirements and contact the department if you have any questions. This step is critical because requirements and deadlines vary by program.
If you are applying for a thesis-based program, please note that some programs require you to identify a potential supervisor before applying.
Refer to the Office of the Registrar if you intend to apply for the following undergraduate programs:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Juris Doctor (JD)
Step 3: Prepare and Apply Online
Ensure that you have at least an hour to complete the online application. We recommend using the latest version of these browsers for the Graduate Application: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
The application requires digital copies (PDF – view instructions) of official documents. The documents are considered “unofficial” and will be used for the initial evaluation of the application.
Supporting documents may include the following:
- Application Requirements for Academic Documents (transcripts, degree certificates, marksheets).
- English Language Proficiency scores such as IELTS, Pearson, TOEFL, etc. (if applicable)
- Additional requirements might include
- CV, statement of intent, writing samples
- GRE, GMAT,other test scores
- Will require the name of referees, title and email addresses.
- An email with a secure link will only be sent to your referees after you submit and pay for your application.
- Reference letters need to be in PDF and must be on your referees institution’s or company’s official letterhead or it will not be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that references and all required documents are received by the application deadline or the application will not be considered for admission.
A $100 CAD non-refundable applications fee is required. Payments can be made using a valid credit card only, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discovery Card. The application fee is waived for those whose citizenship, mailing address and their home address is from one of the following countries.
Our Application form requires the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. We recommend clearing your browser cache before initiating our application form.
Candidates are requested to apply on-line by going on the University of Alberta website and clicking on the Apply Icon. Applicants are further advised to complete and submit the form.