Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Paramedic to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. The paramedic will be responsible for provision of pre-hospital medical care to the workers, visitors, and residents of the project site. The candidate must be an experienced paramedic.
The successful candidate will report to the Lead-Occupational Health.
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assistance to the OH LEAD / OHSM /HRM regarding health and medical laws and regulations and be the interface for Tembo Nickel with local medical officers.
- Conduct MEDEVAC in case of any urgent situation on site.
- Organise all medical evacuation of patients and referral to other centres per establishment of Tembo Nickel procedures.
- Provide a high standard of in-patient care to all patients requiring Emergency Room treatment.
- Manage the pre-hospital ambulance service on site including but not limited to equipment and vehicle maintenance scheduling, regulatory and corporate policy compliance.
- Work with Tembo Nickel OHS department and on-site physicians in drafting and / or reviewing policies and procedures for pre-hospital medical care of patients.
- Provide up to date pre-hospital medical training and quality control for medical providers and rescue personnel on site.
- Conduct all the first aid training to Tembo Nickel staff and ensure all the site first aid kits meet the required standard.
- Provide in-house training on emergency response to other nursing staff.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A diploma in Nursing from a reputable Nursing College or Paramedic level training / certificate with 3-5 years in the field experience, current Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support certificate.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with valid practising license.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Experience in mining or working in remote areas is an added advantage.
- Audiometric and spirometric technique certification.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is 14th November,2022.
Note: We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.