The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar (CEZ) established in 1998 by a Kuwait based charity organization, Direct Aid. As part of our expansion programme, SUMAIT University invites qualified Tanzanians and non Tanzanians to fill various academic and administrative vacant posts as follows:
Job title: Quality Assurance Officer
Duty station: SUMAIT University
Reporting to: DVC (Administration and Finance)
Quality Assurance Officer will lead the development, implementation and review of the University’s quality assurance systems and processes in taught courses and research degrees. QAO shall ensure that the University products and services meet and maintain set standards to achieve Mission and Vision of the university.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To oversee active role in ensuring that quality assurance and enhancement activities and issues throughout the University.
- To play an active role in ensuring that quality assurance and enhancement issues are appropriately considered throughout the University.
- To devise procedures to inspect and report quality assurance issues
- To supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff
- To appraise customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied
- To report all malfunctions to production executives to ensure immediate action
- To facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data
- To review current standards and policies
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Holder of BSc/BA in Business Administration, Quality Assurance, Statistics, Project Management, IT or equivalent from a recognized Institution. Candidates with a Master degree could add value to the post.
- Candidates with Quality Management certificates are encouraged to apply
- Proven experience as a quality assurance staff or relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data collection and analysis/statistical methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases Outstanding communication skills
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references.
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers very attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Hand delivered application should reach Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 31 January, 2020. Or you can send your application through: Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933,
Email at: [email protected]